The Eagle of the ninth


"The Eagle of the ninth" is a fiction about the true story of an ill fated roman legion, the famous, brave and strong ninth legion. The story tries to solve the mystery around its disappearance and
the destiny of its emblem: the eagle.
What's your opinion about the story? How did the real legion disappear?
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS
Read Comments

41 Response to "The Eagle of the ninth"

  1. HighSchoolCeb says:
    11 de noviembre de 2010, 14:23
    Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.
  2. HighSchoolCeb says:
    11 de noviembre de 2010, 14:31
    Este comentario ha sido eliminado por un administrador del blog.
  3. Brayatan Vyron says:
    16 de noviembre de 2010, 18:07

    i really like the book because the plot is about fight and inesperated end the character marcus esca the fights of the romans wiht the tribesman i really like the book


    jose flores !

  4. Brayatan Vyron says:
    16 de noviembre de 2010, 18:12

    the book was very good as it was an interesting history was a History of my taste for adventure and action, and not only was a good book but it is easy to understand and friendly establishment




    FCo. BriCEñoOOo......

  5. Brayatan Vyron says:
    16 de noviembre de 2010, 19:31

    I really liked the book, I found the romantic relationship with marcus Cottier, the book also had a suspence till the end I really liked



    valentina vargas 4ºmedio

  6. Brayatan Vyron says:
    17 de noviembre de 2010, 6:20

    the book I found interesting with lots of action and many crossings within the ocxrre a great story.
    I recormedaria this book that usually shows fights, fights, love, among other things, overall I loved the book.

    from milko cortes

  7. Brayatan Vyron says:
    17 de noviembre de 2010, 7:02

    I think the book the eagle of the ninth legion was to my liking because it tells a fun story of adventure and especially wars. I found it much more entertaining than the book last year in general the eagle of the ninth legion because he showed me like wars adventures.

    nene dinko cortes

  8. Brayatan Vyron says:
    17 de noviembre de 2010, 7:12
    Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.
  9. Brayatan Vyron says:
    17 de noviembre de 2010, 7:33

    the book the eagle of the ninth legion because I found very entertaining to the events happening ivan, for the adventures that marcus had to scale. I recommend it to everyone over 16 years very good and if it were in Spanish better still.

    franco bahamondes

    "eL-LoKo-FaNoS"

  10. HighSchoolCeb says:
    17 de noviembre de 2010, 14:18

    The book The Eagle of the Ninth I found rather interesting because it showed the lives of young Roman officer, Marcus Flavius Aquila, is Trying to discover the truth about the disappearance of His father's legion in northern Britain, for this must go through several things like in disguise as a Greek eye doctor, among others, but the Aquila's hope of seeing the lost legion re-established is dashed, but I Is able to bring back the bronze eagle so that It can no Longer serve as a symbol of Roman defeat-and Malthus will no longer be a danger to the frontier's security.
    I liked it because it is a book that every time you read a sheet, figuring that would happen later during the development of other chapters, the story was very captivating, leaving interest to everybody who reads this book gives credibility to the writing, because it could have happened in real life in antiquity.
    Although at first I was not according to read this book, it seems the best.
    By Solange Vega 4º M

  11. Unknown says:
    17 de noviembre de 2010, 14:20

    the book the eagle of the ninth legion liked me and I had a lot of suspense to the end, the romantic relationship marcus found it quite entertaining events were interesting is a book I would recommend.

    by camila esquivel.

  12. HighSchoolCeb says:
    17 de noviembre de 2010, 14:24

    The book I like since tape-worm very much mystery at the conclusion of every chapter what towards that the book was turning mas attractivly and the desires were following for reading the chapter that was continuing. Also I like for that it was treating of wars and suspense for knowing that it would ensue from a fight in which the protagonist was running risk.
    By Ruben Tapia

  13. Unknown says:
    17 de noviembre de 2010, 14:38

    The book The eagle of the Ninth legion one I have found it very interesting because there shows the young woman's life called Marco Flavio Aquila, who was showing a history of adventures and of action, I like me also for qe never it was declining but every time until the end seguia exciting.

    by Hugo Carrizo.

  14. Unknown says:
    17 de noviembre de 2010, 15:46

    The eagle of the ninth

    The book in general is good, has a very entertaining conclusion, especially the wars and the suspense on the search of the eagle.
    It became good from five chapter , when you begin mas adventures. Very advisable to my to seem, also the sample of values is rescatable.

    By: Felipe Azola :D

  15. ivan says:
    17 de noviembre de 2010, 16:04

    I belive that the book, and the story is very interesting. The plot is very good, I like the suspense that has the chapters. Know what happend truely with the Legion and the Eagle is a topic very interesting, I like all the story's with a Historical plot.
    What happend with the real Ninth Legion? is a mistery, the historians think that the ninth legion was the Ninth Hispanic Legion, very famous
    and brave, that travel to the Caledonian land for make a Expedition of punishment, but dissappeared.
    Only after of various century's a eagle was found in a town in England, but of the ninth legion, nothing we know.
    I wait for the movie of this story, but i think that is the best book that the teacher got

    By: Mister Ivan de la Carvajal Juica

  16. ivan says:
    17 de noviembre de 2010, 16:14

    The book is very good, the story is amazing, the characters very
    interesting, know what happend with the Legion is exciting.
    I like the book, because the plot is about interesting topic, and not about romantic topic and other thing.

    By Sebastian Olivares

  17. ivan says:
    17 de noviembre de 2010, 16:25

    I like the book, is very interesting
    I like the story about fight and war. and the roman was a masters in this.
    the real story about the legion is very amazing, how a legion dissapeared totally is simply amazing.

    By Yordan H

  18. Brayatan Vyron says:
    17 de noviembre de 2010, 17:30

    good book I liked the eagle of the ninth region, because the main theme is war and strife which were very entertaining and
    I also like nice addition because it is easy to read.

    Alex Duran.

  19. Unknown says:
    17 de noviembre de 2010, 18:47

    I think the book was good, because it showed a history of fiction and the quest for Eagle and the real story and I made him more interesting mystery. was an attractive book, which was not tangled into one is not bored.
    the story of the ninth legion is a mystery, was the exact facts are not known.
    but personally I really like history.

    natalia araya

  20. HighSchoolCeb says:
    17 de noviembre de 2010, 19:23

    I really liked the book because it has a very good plot and has a lot of suspense and is very interesting where you can find out what happened to the Legion and the eagle. It also has lots to fight and has an unexpected end.

    By: Felipe Sandoval

  21. Unknown says:
    18 de noviembre de 2010, 4:57

    in my opinion I liked the book because it had action, war, and love but I did not like was the end because it was incomplete.

    by:Melany Araya

  22. Unknown says:
    18 de noviembre de 2010, 5:00

    In my opinion the eagle of the ninth book is quite good, as it shows a fairly complete content as it sees drama, war, love ...

    by: Daniela Yáñez

  23. Unknown says:
    18 de noviembre de 2010, 5:06

    I found the book so much fun because it mixes action, war and love in a single story.
    and it is a very didactic book with good characters and an original storyline.
    also leaves a school to fight for what you are looking for no matter it seem impossible.
    the eagle of the ninth legion is a great book to recommend to a friend.

    by: María José Álvarez. A.

  24. Unknown says:
    18 de noviembre de 2010, 5:10

    The book's true because I liked the chapters were so entangled and the theme was something repeated in my opinion, it was only a story of warriors and love again, nothing new.
    also the end I found boring and classic.

    by: Valeria Montero

  25. HighSchoolCeb says:
    18 de noviembre de 2010, 7:42

    the book is very interesting, has a very good argument, and places
    named in my imagination are very nice. Although not really like
    the history books for me was the exeption.

    By: Daniela Cabezas.

  26. HighSchoolCeb says:
    18 de noviembre de 2010, 7:46

    the book is very interesting, its theme out of the ordinary and makes the imagination to rise to very high levels, I really liked this book would recommend to most people who read it and its characters to the story continue with regard to final

    by: Ana Daudet

  27. HighSchoolCeb says:
    18 de noviembre de 2010, 7:55

    the book is very good, I think everyone should read, the story told is very romantic, the places that count in my imagination are very beautiful and the argument which is interesting.

    by:Leyla Barraza.

  28. Valhë says:
    18 de noviembre de 2010, 13:23

    I think this book is very interesting as it kept me very unpalatable, and I wanted to know what would happen with Marcus
    Although I would prefer some mystery or horror book, the theme of the Legion seems a little dated

    by: valeria alfaro

  29. Unknown says:
    18 de noviembre de 2010, 14:00

    I found the book very interenate, I like adventure and action that had each chapter and know what would happen at the end of the story, I found it didactic and very important values such as perseverance and is a book I would recommend.

    by julia urizar.

  30. Anónimo Says:
    18 de noviembre de 2010, 14:24

    is a good story, because mixing different element as, soldiers, love, fight, war and the suspence. also never I know the end the Marcus.
    the plot is very good, because since the principle, the legion is a mistery, and Marcus tries to discover what happened.
    the chapters are enterteining and interesting.
    I like the book in his all aspects.
    I think that the legion disappear because they wanted conquer and submit to the tribe, for win most territory. or. they think that his power is very strong, but not, they were very weak, and they die.
    Camilo Alfaro :B

  31. Unknown says:
    18 de noviembre de 2010, 15:19

    Good in general the book very entertaining encontre, because he was presenting you fight, and tape-worm action, prop also it was showing some parts of romantisismo between cottie and marcus, for this esque was a very complete book.

    The history was very adapted for our course though a bit extensive.

    Bastian alexis riquelme Oyarzo
    4to medio.

  32. Anónimo Says:
    18 de noviembre de 2010, 16:22

    I like the book, have a interesting story, his plot is cool. in the beginning I didn't like the book because I thought that I was just only fightings of legion. The best of plot is to know what happened to the ninth legion, with the marcus's father and the eagle, this is what kept me expectant. Although, I do not like this kind of book, I always wanted to know what happened and announce the end. I value that marcus ever wanted to know what happened with his father and not rest until you find the eagle and the whereabouts of the ninth legion. Marcus is a brave, struggled and sacrificed man, always he was accompanied by his friend, Esca as; Don Quixote and Sancho panza.

    I think that the ninth legion dissapear because was overtaken by the savages, and this forces them to join to savages or die. I not find another reason for to have disappeared.

    By: Katherine Alfaro Rojas

  33. HighSchoolCeb says:
    18 de noviembre de 2010, 16:37

    i realy hate this book is do boring and definitely i don't like character marcus. in general i hate the war and action books i prefer the romantics or horror books.


    by: Carolina Ramirez

  34. Unknown says:
    18 de noviembre de 2010, 16:47

    the book is very interesting and showed me a story of fiction and much mystery, a book is very good and attractive.

    history of the ninth legion is very mysterious because the facts are not known and I'm not very accurate.

    I recommend this book.

    by Maria Constanza Monroy. 4 miedo!

  35. Unknown says:
    18 de noviembre de 2010, 16:56

    I liked the book very much for the reason that I like books with lots of plot and mystery thriller I like it, I find the story told is pretty good and you will understand the book as you like answering your own questions or doubts.

    by Maria Francisca Monroy 4medio!

  36. Brayatan Vyron says:
    18 de noviembre de 2010, 17:08

    The book "the eagle of the ninth legion" I found very attractive, since it is quite exciting to see how a person intends and achieves something, as in this case, the protagonist Marcus would like to know the whereabouts of the ninth legion where his father was, maybe for some not very attractive item, but if you read carefully you would find the true meaning, which is to fight for Honour, and in this case is shown by the search for the eagle as it represents Honour of the legion and every one of its fighters.
    This book is very good as we can see that things are not so easily achieved, and that every effort will be rewarded, because Marcus tube to travel and go through several things to achieve their purpose, then I recommend reading this book.

    INGRID ALCAYAGA

  37. Unknown says:
    18 de noviembre de 2010, 17:13

    The Eagle of the Ninth, I found it very good and also interesting because it tells about the story of a young marcus quest to discover the truth, he spends a lot of things, meet people and live funny moments as in any book. although the book was in English was fun to read, because every acontesimiento led to another and it was interesting to read on, not stagnant, everything was happening led to another. recommend this book because not only young people should cultivate the Spanish reading we must also cultivate the reading in another language and this book is very good for cultivation, it is interesting and entertaining.


    Dinelly Maldonado

  38. danielhm15 says:
    19 de noviembre de 2010, 16:07
    Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.
  39. danielhm15 says:
    19 de noviembre de 2010, 16:11
    Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.
  40. danielhm15 says:
    19 de noviembre de 2010, 16:13

    I personally the book I like because is a kind of movies and books I´m interested.for all that was lost and search for the eagle of the ninth and all adventures of marcus and esca.

    I love to see the movie =)

    By Sir Daniels Andrew Herrera Van Madariaga

  41. danielhm15 says:
    19 de noviembre de 2010, 18:30
    Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.